Before my doctor left the room I asked her who I would be seeing at my next appointment. She explained to me that while the front desks urges patients to see all eight different doctors before their due date, it is completely up to the patient as to what they decide to do. I had originally thought that meeting each of the eight doctors would be nice, as then I would know whoever came to deliver the baby. However, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it sounded like a bad idea. I really like and feel comfortable with my doctor, and knowing that there are eight total doctors, really means that I would meet each just once before I gave birth. I decided I would rather have a strong relationship with my doctor and know that she knows everything that is going on with me throughout the pregnancy. That way, if she delivers that baby, I would be ecstatic, but if she can't be there, I feel that she'll make my plans and feelings very apparent to whoever is on-call that day. I'm happy with my decision. Our next appointment is set for Monday, April 27. Not too much will happen at that appointment, but we will hopefully get to find out the sex of the baby at the May appointment!
Our major purchases for this month include our high chair (Fisher Price Zen) and our Pack 'n Play (Graco Deco). Also, Mom and Dad de Koff sent us some money for baby supplies and with that we purchased my breast pump (Playtex Embrace) and the Fisher-Price Rainforest Booster Seat (The play set pops out of the tray when baby is ready to eat. This will be very useful at restaurants or when traveling). Thank you! It's all so cute. Can't wait to send more updates soon (and buy more baby stuff :) )!


No comments:
Post a Comment