Another thing happened the morning of my exam....I woke up sick! I had a sore throat and sinus drainage. They gave us a "safe medication" list at my appointment and there is not too much I can take. I tried Sudafed for the first couple of days, but it really didn't seem to be doing much and I'd rather not take any chances, so I am not taking anything at this point. I stayed home from work on Tuesday and Wednesday, then tried to go to work on Thursday, but was sent home because no one wanted to be around my hacking cough. I now have a stuffy nose and a hacking cough with chest congestion. I am staying home again today (Friday) and really, really hope this has cleared up by Monday. I was told that my immune system is quite weak right now because my body is trying to protect the baby, so it is taking me much longer to recover.
Last weekend Jason and I traveled to Kansas City to visit our friends, Dan and Kim, for Valentine's Day. We had a wonderful weekend enjoying their company, some Indian food and a spectacular Valentine's dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse (yes, we found one)! We spent the night in a hotel on Saturday night and spent Sunday morning at Babies 'R Us. I know, I know, it's early. But, we don't have a Babies 'R Us anywhere near our home and we took this opportunity to look at some items in person and add a few items to our registry. There was also a glider and ottoman I had been eyeing online that we wanted to check out. We both loved it! They were running a special on the items (30% off if you purchased both pieces) and the special ended at the end of February. So, we bought them! They should arrive in Fayetteville within another week or so and our nursery decorating will have begun! We're very excited!
Here are some pictures of our new glider and gliding ottoman:
I no longer have my blog blocked. It is now open to everyone and you don't have to log-in to view it. Hopefully this makes things a little easier for everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment