Thursday, April 30, 2009

16 Weeks and Counting!

Our third prenatal appointment took place on Monday, April 27. I gained two pounds, but cumulatively only one. The doctor said I was doing well. She listened to the heart again and not only did it sound good, but we could hear the baby kicking as well. It was so cute! She also had to chase the baby around my belly, as he/she was moving all around. The doctor also said that in the coming month I should begin feeling the baby move. She said it will feel like the flutter of little wings. Our next appointment is set for Wednesday, May 20 and we will be having the ultrasound that will hopefully reveal the sex of the baby! My Mom was planning to try and fly out to visit us for Memorial Day weekend, so now she is trying to fly out so that she can make the appointment with us. So exciting! I can't wait to begin clothes shopping :)

I've still been feeling great! I have continued to have occasional pains in my abdomen, but the doctor says they are completely normal. They are just from things growing and stretching. I have also purchased the first of my maternity clothes. I have started just with tops, as my normal tops were beginning to seem a little short. I actually started wearing my shirts last week! I plan to invest in some maternity pants in the weeks to come.

This month our shopping included purchasing the Fisher Price Zen Swing and the baby's crib mattress. In addition, Mom and Dad Dalton bought us our Travel System (Graco's Deco design; the Travel System includes the stroller and the infant car seat). Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment