We were well aware of all of the statistics. I spent three years with the March of
Dimes and often think of all of the things that can go wrong in trying to conceive and in pregnancy itself. However, I am a very determined person and after reading lots of material on conception, I felt we were ready to beat the odds. :)
During the last two weeks of January (after I had ovulated), my basal temperature remained high every morning. I was so hot at night I was having trouble sleeping. In addition, I had almost continuous, minor cramping in my abdomen. On the morning of Saturday, January 31, after a fitful night of sleep, I decided it was time to take a pregnancy test. My period was due that day. I took an EPT, digital pregnancy test around 9 a.m. Jason and I were standing in the bathroom together and he saw the test change first....all I heard was "Oh, Baby". I looked at him and then at the test and this is what I saw...
We could not believe that it had really happened the first month! I was two weeks pregnant, with an approximate due date of October 14, 2009. It had been our plan to wait at least a few more weeks until telling friends and family about the pregnancy, but having never experienced that amazing feeling before, I had to tell my Mom! So, throughout the morning, we told my parents, my grandparents, Jason's parents, Jason's sister and brother-in-law, my close friends, Diana, Aurora, Kaleb and Courtney, and my brother, Corey. It was just so hard to not yell it from the rooftops. We realize that anything could happen during these early weeks, but I have faith that everything will work out as it should and I just have to talk about it. I took another pregnancy test around 4 p.m. that afternoon (this time a Clear Blue Easy digital test), just to be sure and here's what we saw that time.
It seemed to have stuck! Thank goodness! I will be calling my OB/GYN on Monday and setting up my first appointment. Those of you receiving a link to this blog are privy to this wonderful announcement. I am unable to keep this amazing news from those close to us, but please respect our privacy and do not pass the news along without our knowledge. Love you all and I can't wait to send you more updates soon!

How exciting! Congratulations to both of you, and thanks for sharing your good news with me. It will be fun to be part of your experience as you head into this new phase of your life together!
ReplyDeleteJackie & Jason, Congrats! You will have to keep us posted on how things are progressing! :) I will keep you in my prayers for a happy & healthy 9 months (or should I say 10)! :) Take care, Jen
ReplyDelete