We traveled to New York on July 3rd and spent 8 days at Jason's parent's house in Johnson City. My sister-in-law, Jenny and her daughter, Ava were also there for the week. It was great to spend some time with family! While in the Johnson City/Binghamton area, I also got to visit with my college girlfriend/sorority sister, Shanda and her brand new baby, Izzy, as well as another college girlfriend/sorority sister, Dianne. It was definitely a nice break from work. On our 8th day in New York we rented a car and drove to Canandaigua to help Becky and Ezra set up for the July 11th wedding! It was great to be able to be involved with the set-up of the wedding and to be able to spend some time with Becky and her family before the big day. That night, we traveled to Rochester, to spend the night with friend/sorority sister, Aurora. Also in town for the wedding were before mentioned, Dianne and my sorority Little Sister, Allison. We took all of our men to Mark's Diner and enjoyed garbage plates the night before the wedding. Yummmy!!! Saturday morning Jason and I rose early and enjoyed some Bruegger's Bagels before heading back to Canandaigua, where I attended my hair appointment and we had lunch before heading back to Becky's house and watching the storm roll in. It was a crazy storm, especially for an outdoor wedding, but we persevered and the wedding turned out beautifully. After the wedding, we drove to Syracuse and spent the night with another great friend/sorority sister, Melissa, before we flew out on Sunday. The last three days of the trip really took their toll on me and was exhausted and really swollen when we finally arrived home on Sunday evening. 10 days of traveling is a little too much for me on a normal basis, but for a 7 month pregnant me, it was almost intolerable :) Not that I didn't enjoy seeing everyone and catching up, but boy, was I ready to be home!
The wedding party (notice my enormously swollen ankles!)
Jay, Aurora, Me, Jason, Roberto, Allison, Dianne & DellTwo weeks later, on July 28th, my co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower and it was wonderful! Jason as well as two of our close male friends, Coe & Kaleb, attended as well. It was an unexpected and appreciated surprise! Thank you so much to all that participated.
My beautiful cake (my first taste of the "Martha Harp" goodness)
Me with Susan, Lori and Sylvia (the coordinators)Two days later, Jason and I left on our drive to Indianapolis and my parents! We arrived in the evening on Thursday, July 30 and immediately enjoyed some Amore, New York style pizza. Yum! Mom and I got up early the following morning and ran lots of errands for my shower the following day. That evening Mom, Jason, Dad, and brother, Corey and I went for a lovely dinner at Bonge's Tavern (Jason's favorite). Immediately following dinner we met Diana (best friend and coordinator of my shower - from Chicago) at my parents' house. She jumped in the car with me and we went straight to the airport to collect one of my Illinois high school best friends, Courtney, who flew in from DC just more my shower!! We all hung out for the evening and rose early the next morning to prepare for the shower. There was lots to do and people began arriving around 12:30. It was an amazing and overwhelming shower with lots of family and friends that I had not seen for ages. It meant so much to me that so many people I love traveled from such far distances to see me and my pregnant belly :) Baby Tegan (yes, I believe we have settled on Tegan) received gift upon gift and this genorosity completely overwhelmed me. I believe we have everything we could possibly need and more. Thank you so much to everyone!!
My second beautiful cake with "Tegan" being made official :)
Gifts galore and my stork balloon (thanks Mom! I loved it!)
Some sweet gifts for the Grandma-to-be. Yay!
Diana, Jackie, Kadie & Courtney. I love you guys!
Me with Aunt Carol and Uncle Jeff
Brother Brett, Jason, Me & Sister-in-law Hope
Jason and I with Grandma and Grandpa BellThe shower went way too fast and I didn't get to visit with hardly anyone from any significant amount of time. Showers and weddings are bittersweet in that way. So many people you love are together in one place, but you don't really get to enjoy them. Courtney did get to stay for one more night and the following morning (Sunday) we, plus Mom, headed out to Babies 'R Us and Super Target. I do not have either of these stores in Fayetteville and we used up all of my gift cards to round out my needed registry items. After shopping we met Dad and Jason for lunch at El Rodeo and then dropped Courtney off at the airport. Following, Courtney's departure, Corey arrived at Mom and Dad's and we all headed out to see Harry Potter in IMAX 3-D. It was so lovely to have all of the "city" perks at my fingertips once more :)
After a Le Peep breakfast with Mom on Monday morning, Jason and I began our 9 hour drive back to Fayetteville, in a very packed vehicle. Our trip to Indiana was entirely too short, but very enjoyable, and I landed back in Fayettevilly, feeling exhausted and swollen once again.
The following Friday, August 7th, we attended our 30 week appointment. The doctor said I was doing wonderfully. My blood pressure was normal, I'm still measuring right on schedule, the baby's heart rate was steady and strong and I only gained 3 lbs. in the past month (he thought this was great, since it was less than a pound a week, I am still not excited about it). Originally we were supposed to go back to the doctor in two weeks time, after this appointment, but he felt that since I was doing so well, that we could come back in 3 weeks. Then, after that appointment, we'll go back in 2 weeks, then 1 week. Craziness! This month, for me, has definitely been getting more difficult for me. I am no longer sleeping well at night. There is no position that is comfortable for me anymore. In addition, the second finger on my right hand is now always asleep and anytime I use my right hand (which is often!), my whole hand falls asleep. It is also asleep pretty much all night long (at least part of me is! Ha!). I have also begun developing heart burn in the afternoon on most days. The doctor said all of these symptoms are completely normal. Yippee.
After another restless night last night, I am pushing through the day. However, today, I have begun to notice back pain (in the bad and scary spot where my spine is broken - that's my Spondelilothesis). This is something we've been dreading since we found out I was pregnant and I was beginning to think that the pregnancy was not going to agitate it and everything would be fine. Now I'm not so sure and I'm really scared at how bad it will get and about what could happen during labor. I'm not going to go there right now though....positive thoughts! Tomorrow night we will be going to the hospital for our "Labor and Delivery" class. I hope we learn some useful information.
In two and a half weeks we will be attending our next appointment and that weekend (August 29-30) we will be heading back to Branson and our Chateau on the Lake. This time my parents are meeting us there and we will be spending four hours on Saturday out on the lake in a pontoon boat! I even got a maternity bathing suit for the occasion. HOT! It will be great to get away for the weekend and see my parents again. On Sunday we'll enjoy the Chateau's fantastic brunch once again. Yum yum!
Then, my brother, Brett and his wife, Hope will be arriving to spend Labor Day weekend with us. So exciting! Time is flying by and our baby girl will be here before we know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment