Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mom Dalton Comes to Visit!

My Mom flew into Northwest Arkansas on Wednesday, May 20, just in time for my 20 week ultrasound. Aside from my first weight gain of the pregnancy (a whooping 5 pounds!), the ultrasound and appointment went quite well. All worries from our abnormal test results from the prior month are gone! Our baby girl appears to be perfectly healthy! Thank you so much to all of you that have checked in with me over the past few weeks. We really appreciate the support of our friends and family. We all greatly enjoyed the ultrasound. The baby was QUITE active, kicking and punching me, like it was her job. I am actually quite frightened for the next three months, when I begin to feel those kicks and punches more. We got a few more good ultrasound pictures, as well as a DVD of the whole show!

After the appointment, Mom and I began our shopping :) We stopped at Kohl's because you always have to use those 20% off coupons you get, right? We bought about ten more outfits for her, including her wedding dress for Allison's March wedding in Florida and her first swim suit for our next trip to Kiawah Island next year. I am trying to be careful not to buy too much, as I really want her to be able to wear everything at least once, but it's so hard not to buy everything!

Unfortunately, I had to go back to work on Thursday, so Mom and Jason stayed home and relaxed, venturing out to meet me for lunch. However, after this long day of work, I finally was ready to enjoy my four day weekend with my Mom! We awoke Friday morning, ready for more shopping adventures. Jason opted to stay home, so Mom and I set out! First we drove to a small boutique, "The Baby's Room", about a half an hour away. There, we got to see one of our first choice bedding options, Cocalo Couture Harlow, in person. It was beautiful! We stayed in the store for about an hour, with me debating over whether I should chose this bedding that was gorgeous and completely Mom and I's tastes and dismiss the animal bedding that I knew Jason really liked, but that I would never see in person, before purchasing it. I spoke with Jason and while he still preferred the animal bedding, he finally gave me full reign over the choice (this should have been the case all along...ha ha). While walking around the store, Mom and I found a very cute wooden plaque in the same green as the Harlow bedding and written on it in white, glittery paint, "My prince has come...his name is daddy". We felt that this might be the added piece that would make Jason love our choice. So, Mom bought the sign and I decided to purchase the bedding online, where I could get a much sweeter deal :) We left the store feeling relieved and happy and headed out for lunch at P.F. Chang's.


After a very delicious lunch, we walked around the outdoor mall and found a great clothing sale at Gymboree. They actually had some winter clothes on clearance, so Mom bought her favorite granddaughter several cardigan sweaters and a few sleepers. After a DQ milkshake, we headed back to Fayetteville, where we stopped at Old Navy and found some fall/winter pants on clearance! Aside from four pairs of pants, I also purchased some Christmas onesies that were marked .49 and a 3-6 month size bathing suit for our March trip to Florida. Great finds! After a stop at Toys 'R Us and Babies and Beyond (we got a very nice changing pad cover here), we headed home to show Jason everything.

While at home, I placed the order for the Harlow bedding set, a window valance and an extra fitted sheet, all of which Mom Dalton purchased fur us. Thank you! They should all arrive at our home within the next two weeks. The rest of the weekend flew by, with Jason and I thoroughly enjoying having my Mom in town. Sunday night we had a cookout and invited our friends Kaleb, Jimm, Miki and Coe. We all watched the ultrasound "movie" and Miki was very excited about our bedding choice and is already working out what she will be painting us for the walls of the nursery. I can't wait!!

Mom left on Monday and I miss her so much! The next few months should fly by though, as Jason and I have a trip to Branson planned for this weekend, then my bestest friend, Diana and her hubby should be coming to visit in mid-June. On July 3rd, we fly to NY to visit with Jason's parents for a week and also to attend and be in Becky's wedding! We return from NY on July 12 and on July 30 we will be traveling home to Indiana to visit my parents and to have my baby shower (hope to see you lots of you there)! August should be pretty quiet...we'll finish up the nursery and then my brother, Brett and his wife, Hope, should be arriving at the beginning of September for a visit. Then, the baby is due!! My Dad plans to be out here for a week, Mom two weeks and I know that Jason's parents and sister and brother-in-law plan to visit, as well as some of my close girlfriends. Time is going to fly!

Also, this month, Mom and Dad de Koff bought us our video monitor. Oh, and my Mom also brought me a beautiful black, microfiber, Vera Bradley diaper bag! Thank you all so much! Our crib will be on order in the next couple of weeks and our last major purchase, the dresser, will be ordered in August. More updates & pictures soon :-)

2 comments:

  1. With all this shopping you've been doing, what is there going to be left to buy for your baby shower?!
    ~Debby Bialecki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Believe me, there is a TON. I'm just getting the big stuff out of the way, that I figure no one would by me anyway. I still need most practical items like bottles, diapers, receiving blankets, toys, bathing stuff, books, pacifiers, bibs, changing pad, storage stuff, medical/hygiene stuff, sleep sacks, Boppy, play gyms, the list goes on and on. Believe me, I'm worried about getting everything we "need". :-) You'll see soon!

    ReplyDelete